List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Anderson Date:September 26 2006 2:29pm
Subject:Re: Install issue on SLES-10
View as plain text
Sorry for the lack of information.  I had actually run the full make,
then make install.  When I tried to run make install again, the response
was that nothing needed to be done, as expected.  The library was
actually installed in /usr/local/lib.  Apparently it did not get on some
type of configuration list for the dynamic library loader.  That is the
issue I am trying to solve.

Your suggestion of the LD_LIBRARY_PATH worked temporarily, but I need to
make that configuration permanent on the system.  Do you have any
suggestions?

Warren Young wrote:

> Gary Anderson wrote:
>
>> when I try to run the examples, I get the error that libmysqlpp.so
>> cannot be found.
>

> You probably haven't installed the library yet.  The examples and the
> library are in separate subdirectories, and Linux's dynamic library
> loader doesn't know where to find it.  Linux will only look in a few
> very specific places for the library, and ../lib is not one of them.  :)
>
> If you want to test the library before you formally install it, use a
> command like this:
>
> $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=../lib ./simple1 localhost someuser hispassword
>
> That clues the dynamic loader that ../lib should also be searched for
> libraries.
>
> Otherwise, just install the library, and the examples should run
> without any jiggery-pokery.

Thread
Install issue on SLES-10Gary Anderson25 Sep
  • Re: Install issue on SLES-10Warren Young26 Sep
    • Re: Install issue on SLES-10Gary Anderson26 Sep
      • RE: Install issue on SLES-10Matt Dargavel26 Sep
        • Re: Install issue on SLES-10Gary Anderson26 Sep
      • Re: Install issue on SLES-10Warren Young27 Sep