List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 26 2006 7:43am
Subject:Re: Aparent connection lost resulting in crash
View as plain text
Julien Chavanton wrote:
> Thank you, I do not find the C API mailing list in
> http://lists.mysql.com/

There is no separate list.  C API issues are handled on the main MySQL list.

> Also the same "problem" exists while using Mysql++ how shall we deal
> with connection lost exactly?

Presumably you're using 5.0, which apparently has a feature to drop idle
connections.  (This question has been coming up a lot lately....)  If
so, turn on the connection retry option.  Search the list...it's come up
twice recently.

I don't know how the library could deal with this any better than it
already does.  That's not to say that it's nice...it's just that a
network connection failure is a pretty serious thing.  MySQL++ itself
doesn't have the knowledge to do anything more than just ask the C API
to retry the connection, and throwing an exception is probably
excessive.  Ideas solicited.
Thread
Aparent connection lost resulting in crashJulien Chavanton25 Sep
  • RE: Aparent connection lost resulting in crashMatt Dargavel25 Sep
RE: Aparent connection lost resulting in crashJulien Chavanton25 Sep
RE: Aparent connection lost resulting in crashJulien Chavanton25 Sep
  • Re: Aparent connection lost resulting in crashWarren Young26 Sep