List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 26 2006 7:21am
Subject:Re: Install issue on SLES-10
View as plain text
Gary Anderson wrote:
> when I try to run the examples, I get the error that
> libmysqlpp.so cannot be found.

You probably haven't installed the library yet.  The examples and the
library are in separate subdirectories, and Linux's dynamic library
loader doesn't know where to find it.  Linux will only look in a few
very specific places for the library, and ../lib is not one of them.  :)

If you want to test the library before you formally install it, use a
command like this:

$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=../lib ./simple1 localhost someuser hispassword

That clues the dynamic loader that ../lib should also be searched for
libraries.

Otherwise, just install the library, and the examples should run without
any jiggery-pokery.
Thread
Install issue on SLES-10Gary Anderson25 Sep
  • Re: Install issue on SLES-10Warren Young26 Sep
    • Re: Install issue on SLES-10Gary Anderson26 Sep
      • RE: Install issue on SLES-10Matt Dargavel26 Sep
        • Re: Install issue on SLES-10Gary Anderson26 Sep
      • Re: Install issue on SLES-10Warren Young27 Sep