List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 19 2006 3:59pm
Subject:Re: Connection sharing vs lost of query per connections
View as plain text
Julien Chavanton wrote:
> I think my problem was
> mysql_ping() after reading the description again I found that we must
> use this only when there was a significant idle period and not every
> query like I was doing.

Yes.  While a ping is the least expensive round-trip call you can have
to the database, it's still expensive in terms of local CPU time.

> I guess the normal behaviour is to wait after an error and then
> reconnect if possible?

There's a MySQL connection option to make the library try to reconnect
automatically.  This was covered just days ago.  Search the list.

You should still write your code with an awareness that a connection
could fail, however.  Networks break, servers die.
Thread
Connection sharing vs lost of query per connectionsJulien Chavanton18 Sep
RE: Connection sharing vs lost of query per connectionsJulien Chavanton18 Sep
  • Re: Connection sharing vs lost of query per connectionsWarren Young19 Sep
RE: Connection sharing vs lost of query per connectionsJulien Chavanton20 Sep
  • Re: Connection sharing vs lost of query per connectionsWarren Young21 Sep
RE: Connection sharing vs lost of query per connectionsJulien Chavanton20 Sep
RE: Connection sharing vs lost of query per connectionsJulien Chavanton20 Sep
  • RE: Connection sharing vs lost of query per connectionsMatt Dargavel21 Sep