List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Julien Chavanton Date:September 18 2006 7:30pm
Subject:Connection sharing vs lost of query per connections
View as plain text
I have a design concern with MySql++, I have multithreaded software that
can have 1000 threads simultaneously connecting to a Mysql server

At first I made one connection per thread but it quickly becomes a
performance problem, the system was taking to long to connect.

Then I switched to one connection for each server/database shared
amongst the threads.

Now I receive `MySQL server has gone away ` reading the online doc I now
read a contradictory advice to use many connections, anyone as a
scalable solution to share?

*	You can also encounter this error with applications that fork
child processes, all of which try to use the same connection to the
MySQL server. This can be avoided by using a separate connection for
each child process.

Thread
Connection sharing vs lost of query per connectionsJulien Chavanton18 Sep
RE: Connection sharing vs lost of query per connectionsJulien Chavanton18 Sep
  • Re: Connection sharing vs lost of query per connectionsWarren Young19 Sep
RE: Connection sharing vs lost of query per connectionsJulien Chavanton20 Sep
  • Re: Connection sharing vs lost of query per connectionsWarren Young21 Sep
RE: Connection sharing vs lost of query per connectionsJulien Chavanton20 Sep
RE: Connection sharing vs lost of query per connectionsJulien Chavanton20 Sep
  • RE: Connection sharing vs lost of query per connectionsMatt Dargavel21 Sep