List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bryan Seay Date:September 11 2006 10:29pm
Subject:RE: Daemon passes wait_timeout and gets "MYSQL SERVER HAS GONE AWAY"
View as plain text
Think I figured it out.

m_db_conn = new Connection( db_name, host, username, pw, port);
if(m_db_conn->connected())
{
  m_db_conn->set_option(Connection::Option::opt_reconnect, true);
}

>We have the same issue so I am also curious what the recommended approach
>is.
>

>Bruce
>

>From: "Bryan Seay" <bseay@stripped>
>To: <plusplus@stripped>
>Subject: Daemon passes wait_timeout and gets "MYSQL SERVER HAS GONE AWAY"
>Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:28:40 -0500
>I have a daemon running 24/7 that uses the mysql++ package to connect to my
>database.  It works great but after it passes the wait_timeout of the
>server
>it, of course, spits out a "MYSQL SERVER HAS GONE AWAY".
>
>My question is what is the correct way to deal with this?  Is there some
>option I am not seeing that will make the daemon reconnect to the db if it
>fails?  Or should I put a timer in my code that "pings" the database
>occasionally to keep the connection open?
>
>Any ideas are appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Bryan

Thread
Daemon passes wait_timeout and gets "MYSQL SERVER HAS GONE AWAY"Bryan Seay7 Sep
RE: Daemon passes wait_timeout and gets "MYSQL SERVER HAS GONE AWAY"Bruce Keats11 Sep
RE: Daemon passes wait_timeout and gets "MYSQL SERVER HAS GONE AWAY"Bryan Seay12 Sep
RE: Daemon passes wait_timeout and gets "MYSQL SERVER HAS GONE AWAY"Julien Chavanton20 Sep
  • RE: Daemon passes wait_timeout and gets "MYSQL SERVER HAS GONE AWAY"Matt Dargavel21 Sep