List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bryan Seay Date:September 7 2006 3:28pm
Subject:Daemon passes wait_timeout and gets "MYSQL SERVER HAS GONE AWAY"
View as plain text
I have a daemon running 24/7 that uses the mysql++ package to connect to my
database.  It works great but after it passes the wait_timeout of the server
it, of course, spits out a "MYSQL SERVER HAS GONE AWAY".

My question is what is the correct way to deal with this?  Is there some
option I am not seeing that will make the daemon reconnect to the db if it
fails?  Or should I put a timer in my code that "pings" the database
occasionally to keep the connection open?

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

Thread
Daemon passes wait_timeout and gets "MYSQL SERVER HAS GONE AWAY"Bryan Seay7 Sep
RE: Daemon passes wait_timeout and gets "MYSQL SERVER HAS GONE AWAY"Bruce Keats11 Sep
RE: Daemon passes wait_timeout and gets "MYSQL SERVER HAS GONE AWAY"Bryan Seay12 Sep
RE: Daemon passes wait_timeout and gets "MYSQL SERVER HAS GONE AWAY"Julien Chavanton20 Sep
  • RE: Daemon passes wait_timeout and gets "MYSQL SERVER HAS GONE AWAY"Matt Dargavel21 Sep