List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Anderson Date:August 24 2006 11:31pm
Subject:Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.
View as plain text
I took a drastic step and uninstalled and deleted mysql and mysql++.
Then reloaded MySQL V 5.0.21 again, and the mysql++ source.  Recompiled
everything, both debug and release, and tried the examples again.
Miraculously, the problems I have been having went away.  This is quite
surprising since the newly installed config mirrors exactly the old config.
Gary.

Warren Young wrote:

> Gary Anderson wrote:
>
>>  Unhandled exception at 0x104f1795 (msvcp80d.dll) in dbinfo.exe:
>> 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x74616420.  The code
>> broke in the string library.
>

> What exception was thrown?
>
>> Resetdb still errors also:  Unhandled exception at 0x7c81eb33 in
>> resetdb.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: std::bad_alloc at memory
>> location 0x0012ebc0..  This one broke in the new function of new.cpp.
>

> Someone reported that this sort of thing would happen with the
> brandest newest MySQL.  Try rolling back to 5.0.22.

Thread
Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson21 Aug
  • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Carlos Flores22 Aug
    • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson22 Aug
  • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Warren Young22 Aug
    • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Carlos Flores22 Aug
    • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson22 Aug
      • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Warren Young24 Aug
    • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson22 Aug
      • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Warren Young24 Aug
        • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson24 Aug
          • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Warren Young24 Aug
        • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson25 Aug