List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Anderson Date:August 22 2006 9:20pm
Subject:Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.
View as plain text
I used the project files for resetdb and dbinfo contained in the example
folder as the base for VS2005 to work from.  Of course, VS2005 had to
update everything to meet its new standard.  I built the projects
individually, and didn't use the overall examples.dsw file.  I went
through the configuration as specified in the readme.vs file and all of
the library and include file pointers are set to the correct places.
I'm also having a problem with null string pointers in dbinfo.

Warren Young wrote:

> Gary Anderson wrote:
>

>> resetdb gives the error: Unhandled exception at 0x7c81eb33 in
>> resetdb.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: std::bad_alloc at memory
>> location 0x0012ebb8..  It is trying to allocate a new string in the
>> call:   con.create_db(kpcSampleDatabase)
>

> Are you still trying to build the examples using a different project
> than the example.dsw that comes with MySQL++?  If so, try with the
> project we ship.  If it works, then there is some difference in the
> build settings.  Visual C++ is very particular that certain settings
> match exactly between the library and the executable linking to the
> library.

Thread
Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson21 Aug
  • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Carlos Flores22 Aug
    • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson22 Aug
  • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Warren Young22 Aug
    • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Carlos Flores22 Aug
    • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson22 Aug
      • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Warren Young24 Aug
    • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson22 Aug
      • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Warren Young24 Aug
        • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson24 Aug
          • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Warren Young24 Aug
        • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson25 Aug