List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Dubuc Date:August 22 2006 1:52pm
Subject:configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!
View as plain text
I have posted a mail yesterday concerning a problem that I encounter when performing an
rpmbuild on my box. I was puzzled with the fact that I had no issues to build mysql++ on
another box that I am using for development. I am in the process of migrating from Fedora
Core 4 to Fedora Core 5, so my initial intuition was that the problem I experienced had
something to do with Fedora Core 5. However, while trying to sort out the problem, I
noticed that the version of MySQL that was on the two boxes wasn't the same. On the
Fedora Core 4 box, version 5.0.22 was installed and on Fedora Core 5, 5.0.24 was
installed. I upgraded to version 5.0.24 on Fedora Core 4 and tried to rebuild mysql++ and
it failed the same way it failed on the Fedora Core 5 box. Then, I tried to downgrade to
MySQL 5.0.22 on the Fedora Core 5 box and the build succeeded.

There seems to be an issue with support of MySQL 5.0.24 in mysql++ build process, at least
on Fedora Core systems.

Would be nice if someone could confirm. Even better, come up with some kind of fix (or
tell us when they expect a fix will be implemented). In the meantime, I will revert back
to MySQL 5.0.22.

Martin

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for
2¢/min or less.
Thread
configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Martin Dubuc22 Aug