List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Anderson Date:August 21 2006 9:30pm
Subject:Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.
View as plain text
I am running VS 2005 on Windows XP.  So far, I have tried Sample1,
resetdb, and dbinfo.  All 3 build correctly, but all 3 are having errors
when cleaning up from query calls.  The general problem seems to be
pointers to 0.  I haven't been able to track them down further yet.

dbinfo gives this error: Unhandled exception at 0x104f1795
(msvcp80d.dll) in dbinfo.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading
location 0x74616420.  The code breaks in the string module trying to
insert a string.  The dbinfo.cpp module was trying to execute the
statement:         query << "show databases";

resetdb gives the error: Unhandled exception at 0x7c81eb33 in
resetdb.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: std::bad_alloc at memory location
0x0012ebb8..  It is trying to allocate a new string in the call:
con.create_db(kpcSampleDatabase)

Is there a setting I need to change somewhere?  Please help!

Thread
Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson21 Aug
  • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Carlos Flores22 Aug
    • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson22 Aug
  • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Warren Young22 Aug
    • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Carlos Flores22 Aug
    • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson22 Aug
      • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Warren Young24 Aug
    • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson22 Aug
      • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Warren Young24 Aug
        • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson24 Aug
          • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Warren Young24 Aug
        • Re: Still having pointer problems with mysqlpp examples.Gary Anderson25 Aug