List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Radu Brehar Date:August 10 2006 9:11pm
Subject:Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!
View as plain text
If I try to configure without the --with flags, I get
the following report: configure: error: Didn't find
the MySQLinclude dir in
'/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql
/usr/local/include/mysql /opt/mysql/include/mysql
/usr/include/mysql'

although the mysql is installed in the typical
location: /usr/local/mysql

I'm trying to build mysql++ from source because I've
found just the source and rpms, but I'm using Debian.

thanks a lot
--- Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:

> Radu Brehar wrote:
> >
> > I'm new to mysql++ and would appreciate some help.
> > when I want to install mysql++ when configuring
> with
> > ./configure --with-mysql-lib=/usr/local/mysql/lib
> > --with-mysql-include=/usr/local/mysql/include
>
> Those --with flags should not be required.
> MySQL++'s configure script
> already tries looking in those locations for the
> MySQL C library.
>
> > I get the following error: configure: error: Could
> not
> > find working MySQL client library!
>
> Please analyze or post the contents of config.log.
> It contains more
> information on why this happened.
>
> Are you able to build applications using the C API
> yourself?
>
> Why are you building MySQL from source, and not
> using a binary package
> for your operating system?

http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus?unsub=1

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall
Street Journal
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
Thread
configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Radu Brehar10 Aug
  • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Warren Young10 Aug
    • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Shigeya Suzuki10 Aug
    • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Radu Brehar10 Aug
      • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Warren Young10 Aug
        • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Radu Brehar11 Aug
          • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Warren Young12 Aug
        • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Radu Brehar11 Aug