List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shigeya Suzuki Date:August 10 2006 5:37pm
Subject:Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!
View as plain text
I had simliar experience.

As I remember, I had to use --with option with MySQL *BINARY PACKAGE*
for MacOS X. That's because /usr/local/mysql/bin (in MacOS X binary
package case) was not in my path I guess.

So it doesn't matter whether it is built with source or not..

shigeya

Warren Young wrote:
> Radu Brehar wrote:
>>
>> I'm new to mysql++ and would appreciate some help.
>> when I want to install mysql++ when configuring with
>> ./configure --with-mysql-lib=/usr/local/mysql/lib
>> --with-mysql-include=/usr/local/mysql/include
>
> Those --with flags should not be required.  MySQL++'s configure script
> already tries looking in those locations for the MySQL C library.
>
>> I get the following error: configure: error: Could not
>> find working MySQL client library!
>
> Please analyze or post the contents of config.log.  It contains more
> information on why this happened.
>
> Are you able to build applications using the C API yourself?
>
> Why are you building MySQL from source, and not using a binary package
> for your operating system?

Thread
configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Radu Brehar10 Aug
  • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Warren Young10 Aug
    • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Shigeya Suzuki10 Aug
    • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Radu Brehar10 Aug
      • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Warren Young10 Aug
        • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Radu Brehar11 Aug
          • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Warren Young12 Aug
        • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Radu Brehar11 Aug