List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 10 2006 12:33pm
Subject:Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!
View as plain text
Radu Brehar wrote:

> I'm new to mysql++ and would appreciate some help.
> when I want to install mysql++ when configuring with
> ./configure --with-mysql-lib=/usr/local/mysql/lib
> --with-mysql-include=/usr/local/mysql/include

Those --with flags should not be required.  MySQL++'s configure script
already tries looking in those locations for the MySQL C library.

> I get the following error: configure: error: Could not
> find working MySQL client library!

Please analyze or post the contents of config.log.  It contains more
information on why this happened.

Are you able to build applications using the C API yourself?

Why are you building MySQL from source, and not using a binary package
for your operating system?
Thread
configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Radu Brehar10 Aug
  • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Warren Young10 Aug
    • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Shigeya Suzuki10 Aug
    • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Radu Brehar10 Aug
      • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Warren Young10 Aug
        • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Radu Brehar11 Aug
          • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Warren Young12 Aug
        • Re: configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!Radu Brehar11 Aug