List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Langston Date:July 1 2006 5:34am
Subject:Re: MySQL++ can be frustrating
View as plain text
You know, I orignally thought this was the case, but wondered why, then, the
.libs and .dlls were the same name.  I.E.  Why weren't they mysqlpp and
mysqlppd (as you show).

I orignally started to rename them (both the mysql and mysql++) but thought
there was some other reason for doing this.

Can anyone see any reason NOT to rename the libs and dlls, with d succeeding
the file name for debug mode?

Incidently, I did search for every occurance of mysqlpp.* and libmysql.* on
my system and all the libs and dlls were the same date, the date I
recompiled everything to get them to work.

On 6/30/06, Bill K <reply@stripped> wrote:

> Hello Jim,
>
> If you mix up the builds (release ad debug) with the wrong LIBs/DLLs,
> you will get crashing problems as you described.
>
> You need to link the release build to the release LIBs and the debug
> build to the debug LIBs.
>
> ie:
> debug build:
> mysqlppd.lib (Located wherever you put it.)
> will call
> mysqlppd.dll (Located wherever you put it.)
>
> release build:
> mysqlpp.lib (Located wherever you put it.)
> will call
> mysqlpp.dll (Located wherever you put it.)
>

> Make sure the paths to the DLL files are in your Windows environmental
> variable "PATH" or follow rules for side-by-side.
>
> Also, there are 2 MySQL LIBs:
> libmysql.lib (Normally located in this dir: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL
> Server 5.0\lib\opt)
> libmysql.lib (Normally located in this dir: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL
> Server 5.0\lib\debug)
>

> Jim Langston wrote:

> source

> >> they
> >> >

> >> What compiler did you used? which runtime are you using? maybe is a
> >> memory issue, it happened to me twice, conflict between msvcrt.dll(used
> >> by mingw), msvcrt71 and msvcrt80.dll (last used by VC++ 2003 and 2005
> >> repectively), my VC build enviroment was messed up because i installed
> >> msvc 2003 toolkit and VC Express 2005 and changed some linker options
> so
> >> everybody linked against the wrong library.
> >

> > I'm using Microst Visual C++ .net 2003
> >
> > Here's the thing that's frustrating me.  When I first installed MySQL
> > I was
> > getting this type of error and had to recompile the libraries, and
> > then they
> > worked fine.
> >
> > I'm copying the .libs and .dlls directly into the program directory in
> > fact
> > to make sure it's using the right directories, still with this problem.
> >
> > I think I'm going to have to search my hard drive for all instances of
> > libmysql.lib
> > libmysql.dll
> > mysqlpp.lib
> > mysqlpp.dll
> >
> > and see if I have any that are different.
> >
> > That is all the libs and dlls I should be concerned with, right?

Thread
MySQL++ can be frustratingJim Langston30 Jun
Re: MySQL++ can be frustratingCarlos Flores30 Jun
  • Re: MySQL++ can be frustratingJim Langston1 Jul
    • Re: MySQL++ can be frustratingBill K1 Jul
      • Re: MySQL++ can be frustratingJim Langston1 Jul
        • Re: MySQL++ can be frustratingWarren Young5 Jul
          • Re: MySQL++ can be frustratingJim Langston6 Jul
            • MySQL++ won't compile on OS XRobin Stevens6 Jul
              • Re: MySQL++ won't compile on OS XWarren Young7 Jul
Re: MySQL++ can be frustratingCarlos Flores4 Jul