List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 1 2006 1:38am
Subject:Re: Compling Simple.cpp
View as plain text
Steven Osborn wrote:

> I am entering:
>
> shell> g++ -I/usr/local/include/mysql++ simple.cpp

Why aren't you using 'make'?  (Read README.unix if you don't know what
I'm talking about.)

If you're just trying to learn how to build your own programs, I still
say, use the Makefile.  There isn't much "fat" in current MySQL++
Makefiles, so it will guide you quickly to the minimal build options.
What you have above isn't even close to the minimum.  You need to link
against the C API library and the MySQL++ library, at the very least.
I'd bet you need at least one more -I flag for MySQL, too.
Thread
Compling Simple.cppSteven Osborn30 Jun
  • Re: Compling Simple.cppWarren Young1 Jul