List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Angelo Dipierro Date:June 26 2006 7:09am
Subject:How do I ping a connection?
View as plain text
Hi all,

my app needs a "persistent" connection to the db, so I was thinking to do
something like this

1. connect to the db at program entry
2. before each db access call ping() to check the connection and possibly
    reconnect
3. close the connection when the program ends.

The only problem is that I can't access mysqlpp::Connection.ping(), the
linker complains about an unresolved symbol, and in the source code there's
no MYSQLPP_EXPORT in front of ping(), so I guess I shouldn't even try to
call it :-)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
--
Angelo Dipierro - angelo@stripped

"I love deadlines. I especially love the swooshing sounds
  they make as they fly by." [Douglas Adams]

Thread
How do I ping a connection?Angelo Dipierro26 Jun
  • Re: How do I ping a connection?Warren Young26 Jun