List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 23 2006 5:11am
Subject:Re: MySQL++: Result()/ResUse() copy constructor
View as plain text
Steven Van Ingelgem wrote:
> Result b = a;
>
> Then exceptions are enabled again in 'b'. I understand people might want
> to work with exceptions, but is this not a flaw in the design?

Not a flaw in the design, a flaw in the implementation.  Submit a patch,
or wait for it to be fixed.  Thanks for the bug report.

> If you have a connections where the exceptions are disabled, and you
> create a query and stuff... And then you store (like the example above),
> the Result you get back have exceptions enabled again... Which is a
> little unlogical as well...

Yes, the flag is supposed to propagate from any parent to any child that
understands the exception flag.  Same advice as above.
Thread
MySQL++: Result()/ResUse() copy constructorSteven Van Ingelgem22 Jun
  • Re: MySQL++: Result()/ResUse() copy constructorWarren Young23 Jun
Re: MySQL++: Result()/ResUse() copy constructorSteven Van Ingelgem23 Jun
  • Re: MySQL++: Result()/ResUse() copy constructorWarren Young26 Jun