List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steven Van Ingelgem Date:June 22 2006 9:33pm
Subject:MySQL++: Result()/ResUse() copy constructor
View as plain text
Hi,

I have some issues concerning the use of exceptions in the MySQL++ library:

_ISSUE 1:_
When you have exceptions_ = false in Result and you do:

Result a = query.store();
a.disable_exceptions(); // Exceptions disabled...

Result b = a;

Then exceptions are enabled again in 'b'. I understand people might want
to work with exceptions, but is this not a flaw in the design? If a has
exceptions disabled, I would expect b to have them disabled too...

_ISSUE 2:_
If you have a connections where the exceptions are disabled, and you
create a query and stuff... And then you store (like the example above),
the Result you get back have exceptions enabled again... Which is a
little unlogical as well...

Greetings,
Steven

Thread
MySQL++: Result()/ResUse() copy constructorSteven Van Ingelgem22 Jun
  • Re: MySQL++: Result()/ResUse() copy constructorWarren Young23 Jun
Re: MySQL++: Result()/ResUse() copy constructorSteven Van Ingelgem23 Jun
  • Re: MySQL++: Result()/ResUse() copy constructorWarren Young26 Jun