List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bill K Date:June 21 2006 8:15pm
Subject:Re: Query Object Memory Leak?
View as plain text

Warren Young wrote:
> Bill K wrote:
>> I know this is a mailing list, I was referring to deleting from the
>> archive.
>
> Sorry if I annoyed you, but the very fact that you asked suggested
> that you are more used to web forums, corporate email systems, or
> other captive systems.  On a public mailing list, you have to assume
> that once the message is gone, it's gone.
>
> > But ok, you can't
>
> Indeed. :)  I "own" this project, but I don't have any special access
> to the mail servers.  You'd have as much chance of success asking
> MySQL Inc.'s server admins directly to remove the message as I would.
>
>>> I think you've misdiagnosed the problem.
>> I never said I had diagnosed or otherwise narrowed down the problem.
>
> Uh, okay, I think you're arguing about semantics here.  You offered a
> hypothesis as to where the problem is, and I told you that I thought
> you were wrong, giving evidence to back up my assertion.  Is that
> distinction in phrasing really worth fighting for?
>
>> At first I thought the problem was with MS's known
>> std::basic_iostream memory leaking problem. ( info here:
>>
> http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=98861
>> ) However, I obtained a non-public hotfix from MS that supposedly
>> fixed that problem, which it looks like it did, when I test out
>> std::stringstream and std::iostream objects in a similar loop.
>
> I'm not sure I understand.  Are you saying that the problem is indeed
> fixed when you apply the patch, or that it only fixes the case of
> creating stream objects but not Query objects?

Sorry for the confusion. I am saying that the MS hotfix does not fix the
problem I am having with the query object, like I thought it would. The
MS hotfix fixed the memory leak in basic_iostream (used in fstream and
stringstream, and others) - which I thought may have fixed the query
object since it inherits from ostream. But no. I only mentioned the MS
hotfix so anyone aware of the memory leak in MS's CRT would know I have
a patch for it, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Thanks

- Bill K.

Thread
Query Object Memory Leak?Bill K21 Jun
  • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Warren Young21 Jun
    • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Bill K21 Jun
      • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Warren Young21 Jun
        • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Bill K21 Jun
          • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Warren Young21 Jun
            • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Bill K22 Jun
              • RE: Query Object Memory Leak?Matt Dargavel22 Jun
                • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Bill K22 Jun
                  • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Jim Langston22 Jun
                • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Warren Young23 Jun
              • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Warren Young23 Jun
                • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Warren Young23 Jun
                  • RE: Query Object Memory Leak?Matt Dargavel23 Jun