List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 21 2006 8:00pm
Subject:Re: Query Object Memory Leak?
View as plain text
Bill K wrote:
> I know this is a mailing list, I was referring to deleting from the
> archive.

Sorry if I annoyed you, but the very fact that you asked suggested that
you are more used to web forums, corporate email systems, or other
captive systems.  On a public mailing list, you have to assume that once
the message is gone, it's gone.

 > But ok, you can't

Indeed. :)  I "own" this project, but I don't have any special access to
the mail servers.  You'd have as much chance of success asking MySQL
Inc.'s server admins directly to remove the message as I would.

>> I think you've misdiagnosed the problem.
> I never said I had diagnosed or otherwise narrowed down the problem.

Uh, okay, I think you're arguing about semantics here.  You offered a
hypothesis as to where the problem is, and I told you that I thought you
were wrong, giving evidence to back up my assertion.  Is that
distinction in phrasing really worth fighting for?

> At first I thought the problem was with MS's known std::basic_iostream
> memory leaking problem. ( info here:
> http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=98861
>
> ) However, I obtained a non-public hotfix from MS that supposedly fixed
> that problem, which it looks like it did, when I test out
> std::stringstream and std::iostream objects in a similar loop.

I'm not sure I understand.  Are you saying that the problem is indeed
fixed when you apply the patch, or that it only fixes the case of
creating stream objects but not Query objects?
Thread
Query Object Memory Leak?Bill K21 Jun
  • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Warren Young21 Jun
    • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Bill K21 Jun
      • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Warren Young21 Jun
        • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Bill K21 Jun
          • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Warren Young21 Jun
            • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Bill K22 Jun
              • RE: Query Object Memory Leak?Matt Dargavel22 Jun
                • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Bill K22 Jun
                  • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Jim Langston22 Jun
                • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Warren Young23 Jun
              • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Warren Young23 Jun
                • Re: Query Object Memory Leak?Warren Young23 Jun
                  • RE: Query Object Memory Leak?Matt Dargavel23 Jun