List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Orton Date:June 15 2006 8:08pm
Subject:Quoted strings in resultset fields
View as plain text
Hello,

  I'm working with the 2.1.1 version of mysql++ getting data out of a 5.1.7 version of
mysql proper.

  In my code, I have been assigning to a std::string type the output from a row[] or
row.at() and noticed the strings contain quotes.  If I print out the string and expect it
to contain foo, It comes out as 'foo'.  Is there a way in the mysql++ api to turn off
emitting the quotes or do I have to trim the string using the string's api?

  Also, I would like to avoid having a 'NULL' emitted when fields contain a NULL.  I would
like to emit an empty string or zero(0) instead.

  As always, I appreciate any help you can give on this....steve---

Steven J Orton
Software Engineer
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems
Middletown, RI 02842

Thread
Quoted strings in resultset fieldsSteve Orton15 Jun
  • Re: Quoted strings in resultset fieldsWarren Young17 Jun