List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Oliver Gray Date:June 8 2006 2:53am
Subject:Re: Error: Can't connect to MySQL server (10060)
View as plain text
I'm going to re-open this because I have setup a new database and run into
the exact same problem.  I'm pretty sure that the 10060 error is due to me
not setting up the permissions correctly in the mysql table.

So far in the db table of the mysql database I've got a row where host is
"%", Db is "mydb" (the name of my database), and user is blank.

I'm not entirely sure how to setup the user table in the mysql database.

Can anyone help me figure out (or just give me an example) how to setup the
permissions correctly for a new install of mysql to allow full access to a
specific database and all it's tables from the C++ program running on any
client machine?

Thanks!