List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Oliver Gray Date:May 23 2006 2:38am
Subject:Re: Error: Can't connect to MySQL server (10060)
View as plain text
Thanks for the response.  I was trying to connect to an sql database hosted
by godaddy, but it turns out that godaddy does not allow outside connections
to it's databases.  So when you buy a plan at godaddy you get sql and a
website.  Only the website that godaddy hosts can access the database.

I tried a different database and it worked.  So if you're using Godaddy to
host your mysql db, I think you're out of luck.