List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:May 12 2006 11:54am
Subject:Re: missing SONAME?
View as plain text
Andres Salomon wrote:

> With mysql++ 2.1.x, it looks like the Bakefile changes have dropped the
> SONAME.

We're no longer using libtool, and with that goes a lot of details like
this.  This is simply because Bakefile does not support libtool.  I
would think a better patch is to change Bakefile so it uses libtool for
autoconf-based projects, but that's just me.

> This could be as simple as adding -Wl,-soname,libmysql++.so.2 to
> LDFLAGS,

That only works for GCC.  The whole purpose of libtool is to wrap up
details like this that differ between build systems.
Thread
missing SONAME?Andres Salomon12 May
  • Re: missing SONAME?Andres Salomon12 May
    • Re: missing SONAME?Warren Young5 Jul
  • Re: missing SONAME?Warren Young12 May
    • Re: missing SONAME?Andres Salomon12 May