List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andres Salomon Date:May 12 2006 6:59am
Subject:missing SONAME?
View as plain text
Hi,

With mysql++ 2.1.x, it looks like the Bakefile changes have dropped the
SONAME.  I'm not sure how (or even if) Bakefile actually supports
SONAMEs, but it would be really nice to actually have them embedded in
the shared library itself (lots of tools use SONAME in the private
header; objdump -p libfoo.so |grep SONAME).

This could be as simple as adding -Wl,-soname,libmysql++.so.2 to
LDFLAGS, or whatever Bakefile's recommended method is (I'm not at all
familiar w/ the tool).

Thread
missing SONAME?Andres Salomon12 May
  • Re: missing SONAME?Andres Salomon12 May
    • Re: missing SONAME?Warren Young5 Jul
  • Re: missing SONAME?Warren Young12 May
    • Re: missing SONAME?Andres Salomon12 May