List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bill K Date:April 17 2006 2:57am
Subject:Retrieving Binary Data
View as plain text
Hello,

After trial and error over a few hours, it looks like retrieving binary
data that contains 0 (null) characters is not possible with mysql++. Is
this correct?

I am using mysql++ 2.1.1 and MySQL Server 5.0

What I am doing with mysql++ is executing this:
"SELECT pri_key, CAST(message AS BINARY) message FROM blockedmessages;"

The message column is defined as a BLOB in MySQL.

The row.at(1).size() and row.at(1).length() return the length of the
data as if it were a string (terminated by the first occurring null
character). There seems to be no way with mysql++ to easily access this
binary data in full.

When I hard code a malloc const char* to the right length of the data, I
can see that all the binary is actually put into memory, but there is no
reference provided to access it. You just have to know how long the data
really is and use a malloc or something.

Am I right, or am I missing something?

Thanks!

- Bill Krahmer

Thread
Retrieving Binary DataBill K17 Apr
  • Re: Retrieving Binary DataChris Frey17 Apr
    • Re: Retrieving Binary DataBill K17 Apr