List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Orton Date:April 10 2006 2:19pm
Subject:RE: NULL field comparison
View as plain text
 Sorry for the delay...the weekend got my attention:)

 I wanted to keep the first post simple, so I purposely left the rest of the compile error
out.
Here's the full output from the compile.

"ambiguous overload for
    'const mysqlpp:ColData == mysqlpp::Null<int, mysqlpp::NullIsZero>&'
operator"
candidates are: operator==(int, int) <built-in>
    operator==(double, int) <built-in>
    operator==(float, int) <built-in>
    operator==(ulonglong, int)<built-in>
    operator==(longlong, int)<built-in>
    operator==(long unsigned int, int)<built-in>
    operator==(long int, int)<built-in>
    operator==(unsigned int, int)<built-in>
Error code 1

 I should add the reason why I want to have this sort of code is that I want to
distinguish between a stored NULL entry in the DB and a bad conversion when assigning a
value obtained from the DB.  So the code snippet I gave is in my "BadConversion" catch
block.  Is there a better way of doing this?

 HTH...steve---