List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:April 7 2006 9:39pm
Subject:Re: NULL field comparison
View as plain text
Orton, Steve wrote:
> Which produces the following compile error:
>
>   "ambiguous overload for
>     'const mysqlpp:ColData == mysqlpp::Null<int, mysqlpp::NullIsZero>&'
> operator"

Did the compiler not tell you what the alternatives were that it was
forced to choose from?  That would help me to understand where the
ambiguity is.  As far as I can see, there's only one conversion path:
there's a template operator Null<T, B> in coldata.h which should be able
to convert ColData objects to Null-wrapped ColData objects.

One sticky point I see is that there is no operator== for the Null
template.  Maybe the compiler wants to see one?
Thread
NULL field comparisonSteve Orton7 Apr
  • Re: NULL field comparisonWarren Young7 Apr
RE: NULL field comparisonSteve Orton10 Apr
RE: NULL field comparisonSteve Orton10 Apr