List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:April 7 2006 9:32pm
Subject:Re: 2.1.1 Does not build static library
View as plain text
kal wrote:

> With version 2.0.7 I was able to build the static library. I could not build
> the static library with 2.1.1.
>
> I configured as so...
>
> ./configure --enable-static --enable-thread-check
>
> What happened?

Bakefile happened.  There is no way to communicate this request from the
configure script into the Bakefile-generated Makefiles, since they're
generated before you run the configure script.  Here's the chain:

	lib.bkl ->
	bakefile generates Makefile.in ->
	configure converts that to Makefile

When automake created the Makefile.in from Makefile.am, it added hooks
that autoconf could use to select this at configure time.  Bakefile
doesn't allow that.

The expedient way to fix this is to install bakefile, then change the
'dll' tag in lib/lib.bkl to 'lib' and run the bootstrap script.  Since
you want threading, you'd say:

	./bootstrap --enable-thread-check
Thread
2.1.1 Does not build static librarykal7 Apr
  • Re: 2.1.1 Does not build static libraryWarren Young7 Apr
Re: 2.1.1 Does not build static libraryKal10 Apr