List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:April 4 2006 11:57pm
Subject:Re: Building Shared library with mingw
View as plain text
Carlos Flores wrote:

> Aparently it has something to do with bakefile,

Not really.  The new link problem in v2.1 was due to not having the -l
flags in the right order.  Some linkers -- including MinGW's -- care
about that.  Technically, the problem was introduced with the Bakefile
change, but it was my fault for not seeing this.

> with those _decspec(dllexport) included, which is evil

Evil has nothing to do with it.  They are _necessary_ for Visual C++,
and I thought they were necessary for MinGW since GCC supports the syntax.

But this comment of yours made me wonder, what happens if you try to
build a DLL with the declspecs turned off?  Guess what: it works!  I
don't know why MinGW's GCC bothers to support this syntax if it doesn't
do the right thing with it.  Grrrr....

v2.1.1 will appear soon.
Thread
Building Shared library with mingwCarlos Flores26 Mar
  • Re: Building Shared library with mingwWarren Young31 Mar
    • Re: Building Shared library with mingwCarlos Flores3 Apr
      • Re: Building Shared library with mingwWarren Young5 Apr
        • Re: Building Shared library with mingwCarlos Flores18 Apr