List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:April 4 2006 11:57pm
Subject:Re: Building Shared library with mingw
View as plain text
Carlos Flores wrote:
> Aparently it has something to do with bakefile,

Not really.  The new link problem in v2.1 was due to not having the -l
flags in the right order.  Some linkers -- including MinGW's -- care
about that.  Technically, the problem was introduced with the Bakefile
change, but it was my fault for not seeing this.

> with those _decspec(dllexport) included, which is evil

Evil has nothing to do with it.  They are _necessary_ for Visual C++,
and I thought they were necessary for MinGW since GCC supports the syntax.

But this comment of yours made me wonder, what happens if you try to
build a DLL with the declspecs turned off?  Guess what: it works!  I
don't know why MinGW's GCC bothers to support this syntax if it doesn't
do the right thing with it.  Grrrr....

v2.1.1 will appear soon.
Building Shared library with mingwCarlos Flores26 Mar
  • Re: Building Shared library with mingwWarren Young31 Mar
    • Re: Building Shared library with mingwCarlos Flores3 Apr
      • Re: Building Shared library with mingwWarren Young5 Apr
        • Re: Building Shared library with mingwCarlos Flores18 Apr