List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matt Dargavel Date:April 3 2006 8:52am
Subject:Re: Access denied
View as plain text
    The hostname, username and password are specified within your
program when calling the Connection::connect() function (look at the
connect_to_db() function in util.cpp).

    In the case of the example(s), it appears these arguments are
supplied at the command line in the form './simple1 [host] [user]
[password]', if you've setup a password in mysql then you need to
specify one when calling simple1.

    If you're still having problems, you could try testing the setup out
with the mysql client: 'mysql -hlocalhost -uroot -p' and entering your
password.

       Matt.

J S wrote:
> Hi:
> I have setup mysql++ fine, setup the test db and everything seems to
> be working. However, when I run ./simple1, I get the following error:
>
> Database connection failed: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'
> (using password: NO)
>
> Even though I have set a password for the root user. I guess I am
> wondering if and where you set the host, user, and password in any of
> the mysql++ configure files. I am new to C++ and definately new to
> mysql++. I appreciate any help with this matter.

*Matthew Dargavel*
Software Engineer
Shout Telecoms Ltd
shout-telecoms.com <http://www.shout-telecoms.com>

Tel:  +44 (0) 1243 573111
Fax: +44 (0) 1243 573777

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the
intended recipient(s)") to whom it is addressed. It may contain
information which is privileged and confidential within the meaning of
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender as soon as possible. The views expressed in this
communication may not necessarily be the views held by Shout Telecoms Ltd.

Thread
Access deniedJ S1 Apr
  • Re: Access deniedMatt Dargavel3 Apr
  • Re: Access deniedWarren Young5 Apr