List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 31 2006 3:54pm
Subject:Re: Building Shared library with mingw
View as plain text
Carlos Flores wrote:
> I actually found a way to build a shared library, all you have to do is go
> through all thwe process to build a static one,

Sigh...I can't even the examples to link to the library statically any
more.  I've uploaded a version of MySQL++ 2.1.0 with just a few small
changes that build the library statically.  Can you please download this
and try it?  It is:

	http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/test/mysql++-2.1.0ms.tar.gz

('ms' stands for MinGW static.  This will not work on other platforms.)

> then use one of the usefull minngw tools, a2dll

I have three problems with this.  First, a2dll is a Bourne shell script.
  That means we would have to require either MSYS or Cygwin to be
installed as well as MinGW.  Second, it isn't part of the base MinGW
distribution; that's another dependency.  Third, it's basically just a
wrapper around dllwrap, which is a deprecated tool.  I did some
searching about it on the MinGW mailing list, and the sense I get is
that ld -shared is supposed to do everything that dllwrap ever did, so
there is no interest in helping with any problems we may have.

I don't see why those of you interested in getting MySQL++ to work as a
DLL under MinGW don't just take it up on the MinGW mailing list.  Show
them the errors you're getting, point them to the source code, and have
them work it out.

Thread
Building Shared library with mingwCarlos Flores26 Mar
  • Re: Building Shared library with mingwWarren Young31 Mar
    • Re: Building Shared library with mingwCarlos Flores3 Apr
      • Re: Building Shared library with mingwWarren Young5 Apr
        • Re: Building Shared library with mingwCarlos Flores18 Apr