List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Samuel Borgman Date:March 22 2006 9:48am
Subject:Re: Solaris 10 exceptions problem.
View as plain text
Thank you for taking the time, much appreciated!

I got it working with the bootstrap script. Now I know to try that in the
future.

It seems libtool(which has yet to prove it worth as more than something
only creating problems) left out alot of important options. (Just using
g++ -shared works perfectly)

One suggestion though is to include a check if the mysqlclient will be
statically or dynamically linked.

On Solaris you need to have all the code in a shared library compiled with
-fPIC (or atleast if some has been) for it to work. And since, for some
unknown to me and strange reason, mysql's binary tarballs only contain a
static client lib it fails. How ever moving -lmysqlclient(_r) to the
application link works.

Much apprecited.

/Samuel
---