List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Samuel Borgman Date:March 22 2006 9:48am
Subject:Re: Solaris 10 exceptions problem.
View as plain text
Thank you for taking the time, much appreciated!

I got it working with the bootstrap script. Now I know to try that in the

It seems libtool(which has yet to prove it worth as more than something
only creating problems) left out alot of important options. (Just using
g++ -shared works perfectly)

One suggestion though is to include a check if the mysqlclient will be
statically or dynamically linked.

On Solaris you need to have all the code in a shared library compiled with
-fPIC (or atleast if some has been) for it to work. And since, for some
unknown to me and strange reason, mysql's binary tarballs only contain a
static client lib it fails. How ever moving -lmysqlclient(_r) to the
application link works.

Much apprecited.

Samuel Borgman
VP Development