List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johannes Schaub Date:March 21 2006 3:04pm
Subject:Re: Row::at() doesn't take const int?
View as plain text
hi list!
hihohuhhh!!!

you're passing 0. so the compiler has to decide: "hmm, passing a null-pointer to const
char* or a
0 to unsigned int ??". perhaps this problem could be solved by creating an additional
operator[] which
takes just a "const int", so that the compiler chooses that operator[] which could in turn
call
operator[](unsigned int); how about this idea?

hmm, sorry to send this message a second time, but i used the wrong mail address the first
time :).

Am Montag 20 März 2006 15:46 schrieb alan.alvarez@stripped:
> Doing something like Row[1] will produce a compile-time error. Since 1 is created as
> a constant by the compiler. The compiler won't explicitely cast from non-const to const.
> it will, however, do the opposite. So I think it'd be better to take a constant since the
> value is not modified anyways, or so I think. I could be wrong, which is why I was
> asking.
>
> Respectfully,
> Alan Alvarez.

Row::at() doesn't take const int?alan.alvarez18 Mar
  • Re: Row::at() doesn't take const int?Warren Young20 Mar
Re: Row::at() doesn't take const int?alan.alvarez20 Mar
  • Re: Row::at() doesn't take const int?Pedro LamarĂ£o20 Mar
  • Re: Row::at() doesn't take const int?Warren Young20 Mar
  • Re: Row::at() doesn't take const int?Johannes Schaub21 Mar
    • Re: Row::at() doesn't take const int?Warren Young21 Mar
Re: Row::at() doesn't take const int?alan.alvarez20 Mar
  • Re: Row::at() doesn't take const int?Pedro LamarĂ£o21 Mar
  • Re: Row::at() doesn't take const int?Warren Young21 Mar