List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Allen Saucier Date:February 20 2006 8:06pm
Subject:Re: Help with BadQuery Exception
View as plain text
Thank you Warren.

Warren Young wrote:

> Allen Saucier wrote:
>

>> I am getting a "BadQuery" exception thrown _*every time*_ I send in
>> this statement:
>>
>> "select * from signature;"
>

> What do you get in the 'error' member of the BadQuery object?

And for the Moment, I've been made a liar by my own code.  GREAT...
:-(   Sorry for the waste of time.

>> I am on an XP box running MySQL++ ver: 1.7.32
>

> Why aren't you at least running 1.7.40?  It would be even more
> preferable if you were using 2.0.x.

Didn't know 2.x was available.  Also, to switch now would be detrimental
to my project.  I've only got 3 weeks left on it.

>> I know the command is valid.
>

> Have you tried running the examples?
>
> If the examples work, try reworking the simple1 example to query your
> database instead of the MySQL++ sample database.  Whether it fails on
> your database or not, it will be educational.

Yes, have tried the examples.  However, their written for Visual
C++/.Net and not CodeBlocks.  Shouldn't matter, but its a REAL hassel to
get the environment set up to run under CBs to match the VisC++/.Net env.

>> Both with and without the ; added.
>

> The semicolon isn't needed in MySQL++ queries.  It's only required by
> the interactive MySQL query tools.

Yeah, figured this out and that's cool.

--
Sincerely, Allen

Gene Allen Saucier, Jr
Senior Software Engineer
CAS, Inc
100 Quality Circle
Huntsville, AL  35806
or
PO Box 11190
Huntsville, AL  35814
(256) 922-6453 (w)

Thread
Help with BadQuery ExceptionAllen Saucier17 Feb
  • Re: Help with BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young18 Feb
    • Re: Help with BadQuery ExceptionAllen Saucier20 Feb