List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Allen Saucier Date:February 20 2006 8:06pm
Subject:Re: Help with BadQuery Exception
View as plain text
Thank you Warren.

Warren Young wrote:

> Allen Saucier wrote:
>> I am getting a "BadQuery" exception thrown _*every time*_ I send in
>> this statement:
>> "select * from signature;"
> What do you get in the 'error' member of the BadQuery object?

And for the Moment, I've been made a liar by my own code.  GREAT...
:-(   Sorry for the waste of time.

>> I am on an XP box running MySQL++ ver: 1.7.32
> Why aren't you at least running 1.7.40?  It would be even more
> preferable if you were using 2.0.x.

Didn't know 2.x was available.  Also, to switch now would be detrimental
to my project.  I've only got 3 weeks left on it.

>> I know the command is valid.
> Have you tried running the examples?
> If the examples work, try reworking the simple1 example to query your
> database instead of the MySQL++ sample database.  Whether it fails on
> your database or not, it will be educational.

Yes, have tried the examples.  However, their written for Visual
C++/.Net and not CodeBlocks.  Shouldn't matter, but its a REAL hassel to
get the environment set up to run under CBs to match the VisC++/.Net env.

>> Both with and without the ; added.
> The semicolon isn't needed in MySQL++ queries.  It's only required by
> the interactive MySQL query tools.
Yeah, figured this out and that's cool.

Sincerely, Allen

Gene Allen Saucier, Jr
Senior Software Engineer
CAS, Inc
100 Quality Circle
Huntsville, AL  35806
PO Box 11190
Huntsville, AL  35814
(256) 922-6453 (w)

Help with BadQuery ExceptionAllen Saucier17 Feb
  • Re: Help with BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young18 Feb
    • Re: Help with BadQuery ExceptionAllen Saucier20 Feb