List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:February 9 2006 7:48am
Subject:Re: static linking mysqlpp
View as plain text
Vincent David wrote:

> Is there a simple option to configure/make the mysqlpp libraries statically.

$ ./configure --enable-static --disable-dynamic
$ make clean
$ make

> Do I violate the GPL in any way by doing so (w/o publishing my project)?

Your program would fall under the LGPL due to MySQL++, and under GPL due
to the MySQL C API.  The GPL says that if you distribute the binary, you
must also distribute the source code to anyone who received the binary.
  It's my sense that if the binary is distributed within your
organization, that stricture does not apply, because the organization
does have the source code.

But why are you asking for legal advice from a bunch of programmers?
Ask your organization's legal department if you want an answer you can
trust.
Thread
static linking mysqlppVincent David8 Feb
  • Re: static linking mysqlppVincent David8 Feb
  • Re: static linking mysqlppWarren Young9 Feb