List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vincent David Date:February 8 2006 12:14pm
Subject:static linking mysqlpp
View as plain text
Hi.

I was just considering linking mysqlpp statically in my recent project. The
reason why I'm thinking about this, is because I'd like my project to be
portabel to other machines (i.e. our compute cluster) without having to
recompile and drag the libraries along.

Would that be a wise thing to do?

Is there a simple option to configure/make the mysqlpp libraries statically.
(As far I understand I just get a dynamic library after compiling mysqlpp)?

Do I violate the GPL in any way by doing so (w/o publishing my project)?

Is this the wrong forum to ask such stuff and/or did I oversee former threads
discussing this topic?

thanks

Vincent David
--
MPI fuer Dynamik und Selbstorganisation       phone:  +49-551-5176-428
Dept. of Nonlinear Dynamics