List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:January 27 2006 12:19am
Subject:Re: Compile time
View as plain text
On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 11:53:41AM -0600, Drew Vogel wrote:
> Does anyone on the list have tips for reducing compile times for MySQL++
> code (read: template instantiations) with g++? I have a source file that
> contains 6 ResUse and 6 Row objects and it takes g++ 4.0.3 over 2
> minutes to compile it on my 1.8 GHz/512 MB machine.
>
> I've used the -frepo option in the past, but because most of my source
> files use both MySQL++ code and Boost code, I cannot use the -frepo
> option (Boost breaks with -frepo).

I haven't found mysql++ to cause super long compile times (perhaps I'm not
using it strenuously enough :) ), but I have found certain parts of Boost
to do it.

ResUse and Row don't seem that complicated to cause such a long compile time.

- Chris

Thread
Compile timeDrew Vogel17 Jan
  • Re: Compile timeWarren Young17 Jan