List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chad Dombrova Date:January 17 2006 11:17pm
Subject:problems compiling on osx
View as plain text
i'm getting linker errors when running the examples on osx 10.3.9

  i'm pretty new to this, so let me go through exactly what i did.

  first, i downloaded the mysql-dev package using fink and made the
mysql++ 2.0.7 source from the mysql++ site, being sure to point the
configure script to the location of the c api files:

  ./configure --with-mysql=/sw
  sudo make install

  everything compiled and linked without errors, but when i executed any
of the examples i got linker errors (see below for the exact errors).

  the version of the mysql-dev package on fink was 3.23.58, so i thought
this might be out of date since our server is using 4.0. server uses a
distrib of mysql from eSuite, so i got the developer files directly
from the server machine and put them in the proper directory on my
machine. then i tried again:

  ./configure --with-mysql=/Library/eSuite4X/MySQL4/Developer
  sudo make install

  running the examples gave the same linker errors.

  any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. sorry for the newb

  the linker errors:

  dyld: resetdb Undefined symbols:
problems compiling on osxChad Dombrova18 Jan
  • Re: problems compiling on osxWarren Young18 Jan
    • Re: problems compiling on osxChad Dombrova18 Jan