List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:January 17 2006 8:19pm
Subject:Re: Compile time
View as plain text
Drew Vogel wrote:
> Does anyone on the list have tips for reducing compile times for MySQL++
> code (read: template instantiations) with g++?

I take the view that C++, STL and MySQL++ do a tremendous amount of work
for the programmer, and they do most of that work at compile time.  In
exchange for this, you get a program that runs very quickly -- compared
to, say, a Perl DBI based program -- and doesn't sap months of
development time.

If you wanted to trade development time for compile time, you could use
the MySQL C API instead.

I don't mean suggest that you take the option.  It's just that there are
no free lunches, and you should know what you are trading to get the
benefits you have.
Thread
Compile timeDrew Vogel17 Jan
  • Re: Compile timeWarren Young17 Jan