List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonas Jurczok Date:January 16 2006 3:10pm
Subject:Re: Problem connecting do lampp mysql server
View as plain text
so it is not possible to use the lampp mysql server with the mysql++ api?

because the lampp mysql server _was_ running..

as I tried to start the mysql server you told me i got an error..
so i stopped the lampp serverpackage and tried again..

mysql started but I was unable to set password for root@localhost

error msg:

[root@localhost ~]# /usr/bin/mysqladmin  -h localhost -u root password
<newpass>
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'

but thats not so important.. examples work..

but the problem i have now is:
can I use phpmyadmin with this server or not?
because the project I want to code is based on the MySQL server included
in the lampp package.

hope so and thx 4 help

J. Jurczok
Thread
Problem connecting do lampp mysql serverJonas Jurczok16 Jan
  • Re: Problem connecting do lampp mysql serverWarren Young16 Jan
    • Re: Problem connecting do lampp mysql serverJonas Jurczok16 Jan