List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonas Jurczok Date:January 16 2006 11:58am
Subject:Problem connecting do lampp mysql server
View as plain text
Hi there again.

I solved the Problem described in the Thread above... but therefore I
dont know how to answer to a Thread here I couldnt write it.. *beginners
fault :) *

The trick was to compile the mysql++ rpms with the tar.gz package.
now I got the examples and the next problem..

I tried to create the sample Db with ./resetdb localhost root <psswd>
but I allways get the following error:

[root@localhost examples]# ./resetdb localhost root <psswd>
Connecting to database server...
Connection failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

The Server Im running is the newest lampp Apache/MySQL Server from
www.apachefriends.org and it works wounderfull (tested it!).

Has anyone a hint for me why this doesnt work?
I've read all Readme files I found but nothing helped..

thx 4 Help

J. Jurczok
Thread
Problem connecting do lampp mysql serverJonas Jurczok16 Jan
  • Re: Problem connecting do lampp mysql serverWarren Young16 Jan
    • Re: Problem connecting do lampp mysql serverJonas Jurczok16 Jan