List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:January 10 2006 5:43am
Subject:Re: subscript_iterator -> operator.
View as plain text
alan.alvarez@stripped wrote:
> Would saving a std::auto_ptr in the iterator object save this problem?

I don't see how this solves the problem.  Even if it did work, it would
be arm-twisting the very purpose of auto_ptr, so I think you're looking
in the wrong place.  auto_ptr is not a universal smart pointer; there's
a very limited scope within which it makes sense.

I suggest you study the 1.7.40 version with the erroneous arrow
operator.  Once you can see what the error is, you will be in a better
position to propose fixes.  I guess you should also look at the Boost
stuff Paul refered to.

Beware: if the fix introduces a mandatory dependency on Boost, that
alone might be grounds for rejection.  At the moment, all I've talked
myself into are optional features that may depend on Boost.  Mandatory
dependencies make configuration much more complex, particularly given
some of the weirdnesses of Boost itself.

P.S. You keep replying to me personally.  Again: keep this traffic on
the mailing list.
Thread
subscript_iterator -> operator.alan.alvarez5 Jan
  • Re: subscript_iterator -> operator.Warren Young5 Jan
    • Re: subscript_iterator -> operator.Paul5 Jan
      • Re: subscript_iterator -> operator.Warren Young6 Jan
        • Re: subscript_iterator -> operator.Paul6 Jan
Re: subscript_iterator -> operator.Warren Young10 Jan
  • Re: subscript_iterator -> operator.Paul11 Jan
    • Re: subscript_iterator -> operator.Denis ERCHOFF11 Jan