List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Date:January 6 2006 5:48am
Subject:Re: subscript_iterator -> operator.
View as plain text
I have an even better idea: alan.alvarez might like to do this since he
was the one who wanted the feature, I was merely correcting an error
that read:

<quote>
       Therefore, this operator could only return the address of
       a temporary, which cannot be safely dereferenced.
</quote>

I was just pointing out that there are other solutions to this problem,
I wasn't asking Warren to do anything.

thanks,
Paul

Warren Young wrote:
> Paul wrote:
>
>> Check boost.org, there are techniques to work around this problem by
>> returning a small proxy-class or something like that.
>

> I have a better idea.  How about you prepare a patch implementing this,
> and we'll evaluate the concept in situ.  :)

Thread
subscript_iterator -> operator.alan.alvarez5 Jan
  • Re: subscript_iterator -> operator.Warren Young5 Jan
    • Re: subscript_iterator -> operator.Paul5 Jan
      • Re: subscript_iterator -> operator.Warren Young6 Jan
        • Re: subscript_iterator -> operator.Paul6 Jan
Re: subscript_iterator -> operator.Warren Young10 Jan
  • Re: subscript_iterator -> operator.Paul11 Jan
    • Re: subscript_iterator -> operator.Denis ERCHOFF11 Jan