List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 20 2005 8:08am
Subject:Re: Library or DLL problems
View as plain text
Troy Jennings wrote:
> I am building a project using MS VC++ 2005 (beta).

Visual Studio Express 2005 was released a month and a half ago...

> Is there a way to build the project so that it contains all of the
> necessary libraries internally?

Yes, but unless you're building GPL programs, you can't legally do it,
for licensing reasons.  Search the mailing list if you're tempted to
argue about this.  It's been discussed before.

> how can I identify all of the libraries
> necessary for a dll to be used properly?

There are many freebie programs out there to do this.  You might even
have received one with VS Express, or the Platform SDK.  They most
commonly go by names like 'depends' and 'requires'.  They are often
command-line tools, but not always.

Another one I know about is an Explorer shell extension called Inspect
Exe, from Silurian Software.  They want money for it, though.
Thread
Library or DLL problemsTroy Jennings15 Dec
  • Re: Library or DLL problemsWarren Young20 Dec
    • Re: Library or DLL problemsTommy Apel20 Dec