List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 20 2005 7:36am
Subject:Re: Link problems when building on SUSE 10
View as plain text
Gamez, David wrote:

> Could the problem be connected with libtools trying to link to
> libmysqlclient.a instead of libmysqlclient.la and is this the
> 'recompliation' that is requested when it says 'recompile with
> -fPIC'?

It's possible.  It may be especially problematic if you build MySQL++
dynamically against the MySQL C API library, and then statically link to
it when building your program.

Why are you trying to link to a static version of the MySQL C API
library anyway?

P.S., I've replied to the mailing list.  Please keep this sort of
discussion there.
Thread
Link problems when building on SUSE 10David Gamez14 Dec
  • Re: Link problems when building on SUSE 10Warren Young15 Dec
Re: Link problems when building on SUSE 10Warren Young20 Dec
Re: Link problems when building on SUSE 10David Gamez20 Dec
  • Re: Link problems when building on SUSE 10Warren Young20 Dec
RE: Link problems when building on SUSE 10David Gamez20 Dec
  • Re: Link problems when building on SUSE 10Tommy Apel20 Dec