List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 15 2005 1:53pm
Subject:Re: Crashes and memory corruption
View as plain text
Björn Persson wrote:

> Here's a program that does just that – gets a Row and reuses the Result. Then
> it tries to use the Row object, but the expected data isn't there.

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you on this.

If you look at the implementation for Row::at(), you will immediately
see why this happens.  Basically, to construct the ColData object that
you are requesting, it needs to ask the result object for the list of
field types returned in the result set.  The Row object could maintain a
copy of this, but that would be inefficient when dealing with large
result sets.

For now, I've just documented this requirement in the reference manual.
  If you can think of a clean way for at() to avoid the need to access
the result object, I'll certainly entertain proposals or patches.
Thread
Crashes and memory corruptionBjörn Persson16 Aug
  • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionWarren Young16 Aug
    • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionBjörn Persson17 Aug
      • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionWarren Young17 Aug
        • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionBjörn Persson18 Aug
          • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionThomas Werth18 Aug
          • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionWarren Young18 Aug
        • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionBjörn Persson25 Nov
          • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionWarren Young15 Dec
            • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionBjörn Persson15 Dec
Re: Crashes and memory corruptionJan Busch20 Dec
  • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionChris Frey20 Dec
Re: Crashes and memory corruptionJan Busch21 Dec