List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arnon Jalon Date:December 9 2005 6:11pm
Subject:opt_reconnect patch
View as plain text
Submitted for your approval.

mysql 5.0.13 introduced a flag that will allow the connection to
automatically reconnect if it lost its connection to the server for some
reason.  I added a opt_reconnect flag to the Connection class to allow
for this flag to be set.

I've tested it by setting the option in my Connection object before
connecting, and verified that it works.  I was slightly confused because
I noticed that the Connection object will only apply the options while
it is connecting or if it is connected, meaning that it will only apply
any options after real_connect has been called.  Looking at the MySql 5
documentation for mysql_options, it says "mysql_options() should be
called after mysql_init() and before mysql_connect() or
mysql_real_connect()."  Seeing as the behaviour associated with the flag
I'm setting is working, I assume that that "should" is really just a
"should"?

--Arnon

Arnon Jalon / Software Engineer
T: +1.212.231.7159 / F: +1.212.760.1774
arnon.jalon@stripped

24/7 Real Media, Inc. (NASDAQ: TFSM)
132 West 31st Street, 9th floor
New York, NY 10001

WWW.247REALMEDIA.COM
>DELIVERING TODAY >DEFINING TOMORROW

opt_reconnect patchArnon Jalon9 Dec
  • Re: opt_reconnect patchWarren Young15 Dec
RE: opt_reconnect patchArnon Jalon14 Dec
RE: opt_reconnect patchArnon Jalon15 Dec
RE: opt_reconnect patchArnon Jalon19 Dec
  • Re: opt_reconnect patchWarren Young20 Dec
RE: opt_reconnect patchArnon Jalon20 Dec