List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 2 2005 8:08pm
Subject:Re: packarray template class - version 0.1
View as plain text
Chris Frey wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 11:33:04AM -0700, Warren Young wrote:
>
>>It appears that data is stored in the array in "network order", and data
>>is converted appropriately when data goes into the array and when it
>>comes out.  If so, my concern is of the efficiency hit.
>
> Ahh, good point.  Will have to ponder that some more.  It might make sense
> to default to this behaviour.

Yes, that is better...when assigning data to the array, convert it to
host order, so accesses can happen directly.  The element assignment
operator then wouldn't need to do any conversion.  The only trick is
that you may have to add another method to retreive a network-order copy
of the data.
Thread
packarray template class - version 0.1Chris Frey2 Dec
  • Re: packarray template class - version 0.1Warren Young2 Dec
    • Re: packarray template class - version 0.1Chris Frey2 Dec